Focus Area and Themes
The 2023 BAPC Organizing Committee invites proposals for paper presentations or panels, related but not limited to, the strands listed below.
- Intercultural Preparation for Study Abroad
- Assessment of Intercultural Competence
- Fostering Student Reflection
- Inclusive Classroom Practices
- Cross-cultural Communication Practices
- Social Justice in Language Education
- Diverse Representation in Material Design
- Virtual Reality and other Technologies as Immersion
For consideration, please submit your proposal by Friday, January 27, 2023, using the link below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The proposal: authors are invited to submit a proposal, not exceeding 200-300 words for either a 15-minute individual paper or a 60-minute panel (3 presenters). Presenters may only submit one (1) proposal as a lead presenter or as a co-presenter.
Proposal submission deadline: Friday, January 27, 2023.
Language of proposal and presentation: all proposals must be submitted in English. Although English will be the language of the conference to accommodate educators from different backgrounds, references or examples in other languages can be used.
Review process: please avoid using special marks or non-standard fonts. The name of the presenter(s) or an institution should not be included, and any other personal references should be anonymized in the body of the proposal. All accepted proposals will be posted on the Conference website, however the BAPC reserves the right to edit when necessary.
Abstracts will be evaluated by the BPAC Conference Committee against the following criteria:
- Goals, objectives, and intended outcomes of the session are clearly stated.
- Proposal fits conference theme.
- Topic/issue/problem is relevant to the field of language education.
- Proposal is innovative and/or unique in its approach to language education.
- Proposal is well organized and written in a clear, accurate style.
Acceptance notification: submitted abstracts will be reviewed through a double-blind review process and authors will be notified by February 17th, 2023.